Sunday, March 31, 2013

and a few Gauls more ...

More gauls finished - the last batch I made up before moving onto work on the gallic cavalry...
A rummage through the spares box, yielded enough bodies, heads and arms to complete three more gauls
The gallic cavalry have made it to the painting table.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Roman Artillery - completed

Catapult and ballistas lined up and looking ready for action....
the catapults load is a small pebble from the garden. A quick look at the centurion's shield - first attempt at a stick on label,sealed with satin varnish.

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Roman Artillery - work in progress..

I delved into my spares box and used up most of the spare Call-to-Arms romans I had left and most of my spare arms; to make some new crew for my ballistas (the ones that came with them were just noticably too small)
then some crew for a catapult, the catapult is from a Horrible Histories toyset, had a few mod's in this piccy
I then went on to add a basic winding mechanism for it.. looks alright ...
will be finishing off the catapult - will move straight on to paint the crews - some romans will be painted at last....

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Horrible Histories - Action Figures

I picked up a couple of the roman packs from this range of action figures, they are about 3-4mm taller than a 1/32 figure (Italeri gaul in front for reference); these are more 'toy' style figures. The centurion and the Caeser figure are usuable - the soldiers will probably be converted into casualty figures or possible slaves or labourers as the armour and helmet are removable.

Also the gallic warband I'm working on is nearing completion - piccies of them hopefully in the next post.