Saturday, December 29, 2012

Work in progress - gallic cavalry

finished off the horse harness bits for the gallic gavalry and based them - off they go into the painting queue.....

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Current work in progress ....

Taking advantage of the Xmas break, with some time spare, I decided to sort out some gallic cavalry based on a couple of boxes of HAT cavalry. Some minor conversions (head and arm swaps) with some green stuff yielded 12 chaps - need to finish off the horses - reins etc.
For reins I tried some thicked paper, but these looked naff so I removed them and had a re-think. Xmas day was useful - a piece of ribbon round a prezzie had split - width correct for rein size - I experimented with it on a mounted roman officer that I'm working on.

Monday, December 10, 2012

A couple more Gauls....

these two chaps are from Irregular Miniatures ancients range, compatible in size with the HAT/Italeri figures I'm using for the bulk of the gallic horde.

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Gallic Warband (no 2) completed

Slowly but surely, progress is being made- another gallic warband completed (a mix of Italeri and HAT), seen below with the Cafe Storme command figures from the last post.
This brings the gallic horde to 60+; another warband is ready for painting and I'm starting work on some gallic cavalry.